mechanism medical definition
- A machine or mechanical appliance.
- The arrangement of connected parts in a machine.
- A system of parts that operate or interact like those of a machine.
- An instrument or a process by which something is done or comes into being.
- The involuntary and consistent response of an organism to a given stimulus.
- A usually unconscious mental and emotional pattern that dominates behavior in a given situation or environment.
- The sequence of steps in a chemical reaction.
- The philosophical doctrine that all natural phenomena are explicable by material causes and mechanical principles.
Learn more about mechanism